Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Lot to Tell...

Well I really have a lot to tell but I promised myself I would try to keep my posts short so let me start by telling you what lead me to decide to change my career path.
My wife and I got married in October of 2008. Three weeks before the day we were to wed I got fired from my job as a Manager at Domino's Pizza. The day after I got fired I was working for their competition, Little Caesars. The wedding went off without a hitch even though that happened and it was the most wonderful day of my life.
Skip forward one year and it's our first anniversary. I was a manager at Caesars and was having an issue with my assistant. Because of this issue I had to suspend my assistant for a week. The week of my anniversary. The owner of the company actually suggested that because we were missing an assistant and because I was the one that suspended him that I should skip my vacation even though we had 9 other stores that help could have been borrowed from. All the reservations at Mermaid Cottages on Tybee Island had already been made so there was no way it could be put off, and since it was my very first anniversary I really wasn't willing to change the plans.
Tybee Island GA Pictures, Images and Photos

The day he made that suggestion was the day... I decided that my 12 year love affair with the restaurant business was over. I had already missed too many family events because of that damn industry. I was tired of putting my family after my job. We began the search for a new career that I would enjoy, would make enough money to support our little family, and would have a little more predictable hours. That's then we stumbled on a career as a Biomedical Electronics Technician. So the search for a school began....

No comments:

Post a Comment