Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's to the New Year


This is me a few months ago at the family reunion...
For Christmas my wife requested the newest Weight Watchers program... The Points Plus System. So of course I got it for her as well as a kit for myself. I have decided its high time I take a step toward a healthier future. One of my gifts from a friend for Christmas was a gift card from Walmart so I decided to put it to good use and I bought a new scale. Well I'm ashamed to say that I am at 377 pounds and that is just not OK! I have never really been the kind of person that let my weight bother me, but I feel like if I don't take care of it now I may never do it. I'm not getting any younger you know.

There will be no more of this unless I save the Points for it!





I have set my ultimate goal for weight loss to be half the man I am now. I'm shooting to lose 188.5 pounds. Yes I know, this is going to take me a few years but that is ok. I didn't gain this weight over night so it's not going to go away over night. But I am determined to lose it. Before our wedding we did Weight Watchers and I lost about 60 pounds but I have gained 25 of that back. I did it before, I CAN do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Good for the both of you! The older you get the harder it is, too, so now is a good time. I need to work on that myself! Being older, though, walking is good until the knees give out or the bone spurs flare up! Sheez! lol I'm proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Smudgebug! I can't wait to start our new healthier year together!

    ReplyDelete